200 Calorie Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This has been in our rotation for awhile. When I first made it I used a recipe I found on Pinterest that said they tasted exactly like PeiWei chicken lettuce wraps. They were excellent but I spent about $30 on special condiments, oils and sauces to make them and when it was all said and done they were probably around 600 calories per serving. Obviously I had to fix that.
My version has fewer ingredients and way fewer calories. I hope you guys enjoy!
200 calorie Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 8 oz can of sliced water chestnuts
- Optional: additional vegetables; I’ve added bell pepper before and I think green onion would be good.
- Dice water chestnuts. Set Aside.
- Brown chicken until completely cooked. I add a few of my usual seasonings when it is no longer pink–pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. I avoid adding salt to this because the soy sauce is salty enough for me.
- Add water chestnuts and any other veggie. Stir for several minutes until they appear soft.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce and Hoisin. Stir until blended well.
- I leave the meat simmering on low for flavor for a few minutes while I get the iceberg lettuce ready.
- Spoon your mixture into lettuce “bowls”. I have no trick to making these other than don’t worry about perfection and just layer a bunch of pieces if you have to.
Makes 4 servings at 193 calories each: 11 carb, 4 fat, 27 protein